Lowestoft College manages two nurseries - one on the main college site and the other in the Kirkley Children's Centre. Both are open to children of students, staff and members of the local community and offer childcare for those between the age of six weeks and five years. Both nurseries received Good grades in their last Ofsted Inspections.
Copies of the full report can be found by clicking on the links:
Ladybird Day Care Ofsted Report
Lowestoft College Nursery Ofsted Report
Both Lowestoft College maintained nurseries aim to:
- create a friendly, caring environment in which children feel secure
- provide play provision and equipment which is suitable for each age group
- create a stimulating environment providing children with opportunities to explore through play to develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually
- promote positive behaviour enabling children to grow in confidence and self-esteem
- create an equal opportunity environment in which all children are encouraged to reach their full potential
- consult and involve parents/carers in their child's care and education
- provide a safe environment in which parents feel confident to leave their children
Who can use the nurseries?
- Children whose parents/carers are studying a Further Education qualification, this would be expected to be at least a Schedule 2 course or working towards a Schedule 2 course, or a Higher Education course at Lowestoft College.
- Children of non-college staff/parents (usually reserved for parents/carers returning to work in the Waveney/Lowestoft area).
- Children of College Staff
Placement allocation is at the discretion of the nursery management team.
The Settings are open all year round with the exception of bank holidays and a closure for one week at Christmas when Lowestoft College closes (no charge is incurred). The Settings will be closed for three days a year for staff development and training. Parents/carers will be informed at least two months in advance of these dates. There will be no charge for these days when the settings are closed.
Opening hours for both the Lowestoft College Nursery and Ladybird Day Care are as follows:
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm
Morning Session - 8.00am - 1.00pm
Afternoon Session - 1.00pm - 5.30pm
All children must be collected no later than 1.00pm for the morning session and 5.30pm for the afternoon session.
Late collection of children causes considerable disruption to the Setting and, whilst we understand that occasionally unexpected incidents will result in a carer being late, persistent late collection will result in an additional charge and the Setting reserves the right to charge any parent/carer £10.00 for every 15 minutes late after the end of the child's session.
Lowestoft College Nursery
Tel: 01502 525136
St Peter's Street, Lowestoft
The Setting has been open since 1988 and is situated in the College grounds. At the start of 2013, Lowestoft College Nursery moved in to a brand new building which offers three separate playrooms and a secure garden area. It was inspected by Ofsted in 2013 and received an overall grade of Good (2).
The Setting can accommodate 38 children aged from six weeks to five years. Children can attend on a full-time or part-time basis either a few days a week or just mornings or afternoons. For more information about the setting click on the links below.
Lowestoft College nursery rooms
Ladybird Day Care
Tel: 01502 532740 Extension 3
Kirkley Children's Centre, Lowestoft
Ladybird Day Care opened in May 2007 and is registered with Ofsted. Ladybird Day Care is situated in the Kirkley Children’s Centre on the ground floor in a secure purpose built unit with a large outdoor area.
The two play rooms can be accessed by the main entrance to the Centre and then via a security door. The Day Care can accommodate 56 children aged from six weeks to five years. Children attend on a regular full- or part-time basis. For more information about the setting, click on the links below:
Ladybird Day Care Rooms