The College Mission
An outstanding college at the heart of our community which inspires and challenges students to succeed.
The Aim of the Charter
This charter sets out our commitment to those who work with Lowestoft College and is intended to clearly indicate the standards and levels of service you can expect from us and our expectations of you as an employer and employee.
What you can expect from us:
- To identify and meet the training needs of employers by undertaking training needs analysis and making the best use of labour market information
- To provide appropriate and relevant training and services of the highest quality
- To design and deliver bespoke and flexible training programmes to meet employer needs
Pre-course we will:
- Provide clear information on our products and services
- Respond to all enquiries within three working days
- Where courses are scheduled or advertised, requested information will be provided within five working days
- Arrange for a company training needs analysis or advisory interview to be carried out within two weeks, where one is requested
- Wherever possible suggest an alternative contact, if we are unable to meet your requirements
- Agree a level of service with you and provide clear information relating to our courses, training programmes and qualifications including dates, times, fees, content and delivery methods.
On course we will provide:
- A welcoming learning environment in which individuals are respected, irrespective of age, race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality or religion
- Well qualified and competent staff to deliver high quality learning
- A well managed and co-ordinated course that meets the expected outcomes
- Regular reports on progress to the employee and the employer
- Support and feedback on achievement to the employee and the employer
Post course we will:
- Evaluate, monitor and measure the impact of the training on your business
- Keep you informed of future products and services on offer
We ask employers to:
- Provide us with sufficient information to assist us in making the most appropriate solution to meet your training needs
- Keep us informed of any change of circumstances of any employee who is on a training programme with us, or if your training requirements change
- Let us know quickly if we have not provided the standard of service expected or if you have concerns about any aspect of the programme
We ask employees to:
- Make a positive commitment to the programme and their individual learning goals
This Charter is reviewed on an annual basis. We welcome your comments.